At the IMMAA (International Media Management Academic Association) conference 2018 in Stuttgart, Germany Florian Neus, Fred
First, we were part of a panel discussion about eSports as a new media phenomenon. The participants were:
- Simon Koschel, Head of Partnerships, DACH Twitch.TV,
- David Hiltscher, Vice President Shop, Merchandise, Licensing at ESL – Turtle Entertainment,
- Frederic Nimmermann, Researcher Universität Siegen, and
- Tobias Scholz, Editor/Publisher of the eSports Yearbook and Researcher from the Universität Siegen.
- Julia Hiltscher, Universität Bonn and also Editor of the eSports Yearbook (“Streaming in Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battleground: An eSports media phenomenon),
Nimmermannand Florian Neus, Universität Siegen (“Does the setting matter? Differences and similarities in motivation for offline and online eSports event consumption”),
- Mark R. Johnson University of Alberta and Jamie Woodcock,
Universityof Oxford (“eSports Commentators: Media roles, career labor, and game management”),
- Min Xiao,
Universityof Florida (“Camaraderie in the virtual battle arena: How violence shapes a sense of camaraderie among games”) and
- Tobias Scholz Universität Siegen (“The transformation of the eSports landscape – The clash of traditional and disruptive businesses”).